Here is a great recipe for some tasty Dairy Free Gingerbread men.
- 60g dairy-free butter
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 90g soft light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in ginger, cinnamon and baking powder. Cut the dairy-free butter into small pieces and lightly work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Now, stir in the sugar.
- Using a different bowl, whisk together the sunflower oil and golden syrup. Slowly whisk this into the rest of the mixture and it will start to clump together. Keep mixing together into a dough and knead until smooth.
- Wrap your dough in cling film and pop in the fridge for 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3 and grease two baking trays
- Roll out the dough to a 5mm thickness. Get your cutter and press out the shapes
- Bake until golden-brown (roughly 10 mins). Then let them cool down and decorate at will
Why not add some dairy free chocolate chips or raisins