Dairy Free Banana Bread
Delicious Dairy Free Banana Bread
- 200g (7 oz) plain flour
- 140g (5 oz) caster sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 4 tablespoons apple purée or sauce
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 20x10cm (8×4 in) loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon. Add egg whites, bananas and apple purée; stir just until combined. Pour batter into prepared tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a knife inserted into centre of loaf comes out clean. Turn out onto cooling rack and allow to cool before slicing.